Sunday, March 21, 2010

Random Things

It has been a difficult week for me and for alot of the people I care most about.  My father-in-law is in the hospital for a pretty serious reason and it has thrown my already ridiculous life into even more turmoil.

But I'm not going to talk about that today.

I am going to talk about some more mundane things.  I forgot to mention in my last post that I was able to get in another 6.5 mile run that I was pretty happy with. I ran pretty fast (for me) and I felt really good afterwords.  I do have a 16 mile run mapped out but I'm not sure that I am going to find the time to try it. 

I do want to ask (beg, cajole and plead) you to donate ANY amount of money that you can to help us find a cure for Neurofibromatosis (NF).  My oldest son Max suffers from this indescriminate disorder and I would love to be able to wipe it out in his lifetime.(Of course I'm not the one who will actually find the cure but maybe you already understood what I meant)  If you want to learn a little about Max and the affect NF has had on our family please read this speech that I gave at a fundraising dinner a few years ago. 

You can donate at my donation page (that's convenient) or you can visit the NF Inc. NE website and it will tell you where you can send a check if you're afraid of the interwebs stealing your bank account.

...and now some other random thoughts.

I am writing a book.  Well sort of.  To say that I am writing a book would indicate that I am actively writing on a regular basis.  That is not entirely true.  I started writing this thing a number of years ago and I have written the first 8 - 10 chapters but I haven't had the oomph to continue.  If you want a taste you can read chapter 1 and let me know what you think.  If you like it I will link to more chapters in the future.

I would like to see some more votes (on the left here) on how long it will take me to complete the marathon.  Be brutally honest.  I can take it.

I need a job...badly.  If you know of one let me know.  Here is my resume.  Send it out to whomever you like.  Like I said...I need a job.

My twin boys were AWESOME in their first on stage performance.  They are workhouse boys in the Millis High/middle/elementary school production of Oliver.  They sang "Food Glorious Food" and chased Oliver around the stage.  They are complete Hams.  I have no idea where they get that from.

Well it is Sunday and it is going to be the last nice day for a while so I better not waste it on the computer.  I'll have more random thoughts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment