Sunday, March 7, 2010

...and now a shameless plug for donations

One of the reasons that I started this blog is because I am raising money to benefit NF Inc Northeast.  They are a wonderful group of people headed by the remarkable and tireless Karen Peluso.  Karen is the one who makes sure that I get a number for the marathon each year.  NF Inc NE pays the entrance fee and all they ask in return is that each runner raises $3,000 in donations.

Kristen and I (and when I say Kristen and I, I mean mostly Kristen) have tried to come up with different ways to raise money.  Last year I set up a booth at the Millis Fireman's Muster and raffled off gift   certificates.  We ended up raising over $600 that day which we were both pretty happy with.  We have also held a few dinners that we called the "Faces of NF" dinner in which we had large raffles and silent auctions.   During these dinners we always had a family member give a speech about what is was like to have a family member with NF.  The first year we had the dinner I was the one who gave the speech and you can see that speech here .

Please take a few minutes and read this speech.  It will give you an idea of how NF has affected our family.  When you are done, if you can, please make a donation.  Any amount will be appreciated more than you will ever know.  You can donate using the link on the left or you can send a check directly to NF Inc NE.  The address can be found at there website which is also linked at left.

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment