Sunday, April 15, 2012

Marathon Eve...(or the eve of disaster) and the Rocking continues.

Well...Here we are.  It is the day before the marathon and, if you listen to the BAA, if you decide to run this may be the last night you will ever see.  Due to the projected high temperature of around 85 degrees they are strongly suggesting that those who are not real men should not even get out of bed tomorrow for fear that as soon as they step foot into the sun they will burst into flames and burn the state of Massachusetts to the ground.  It seems that the race organizers are really nervous about people who are not "experienced marathoners" running this year.I, however am going to go and give it my best.  Now I am not a compete moron I am going to modify my approach to this years race.  I am going to have to give up my goal of finishing in under 5 hours and focus just on finishing without causing myself permanent damage.  The heat is just another thing to worry about as I head off to Hopkinton.  I am still very concerned about how my calf is going to hold up.  I bought a calf sleeve today and I am hoping that this will help me deal with what I am sure to be a long afternoon.

On the bright side my donations continue to come in and as of right now I am at $3,684 and according to my good friends at Firstgiving that is 123% of my goal and that ROCKS. 

While we are on the subject lets take a look and see if there is any more people out there who rock.

As it turns out the Monaghan family rocks

When I posted on Facebook that I was within $16 of my goal and I asked if anyone wanted to be the one to push me over the top, an old friend of mine John Sibley replied with just one word..."Done".  He rocks.

A month or so ago I played in a trivia contest with Lori Saywer.  We won so it is obvious that she rocks at trivia and she rocks in general.

Kristen and I have some old friends that we don't get to see nearly enough but the one thing I know about the Corriea family (that would be Angie, Joey, Joey, Evey and Sam) is that they Rock.

The Millis school system continues to impress everyone with their rock-i-tude because I got donations from 3 more people.  That would be Amy Day (no relation), Gayle Kendall and Susan Donelan.  There really is no disputing how much they rock.

The aforementioned (I mentioned her in another post) and lovely Donna Cabibo and the equally lovely Brian Hoell both rock.

While we are discussing the amazing people from the Millis Theatre Group let me mention Peg and Joel White as well as the wonderful Karen Motekaitis who, you guessed right, Rock.

I have another friend from the theatre group that I am still waiting to have an over-act off with.  His name is Bob Orsi and he rocks.

My sister-in-law has a friend that she works with named Joan DeRubeis who most definitely rocks.

There is a woman named Laura Hill that donated to my run.  I don't know who she is but I do know that she rocks.

I have friends that are named Lydia and Melita and they are going to run the marathon this year as bandits (shhhh... don't tell anyone) I won't give out there last names to protect them from the marathon police.  But I will tell you that they rock.

Finally there is my wife's friend and co-worker Joe Valle.  He was given $50 by someone whose husband died.  She gave Joe this money simply because the husband always liked him.  Joe turned around and donated that $50 to my marathon in honor of that man.  His name was Talbot Smith and he rocks.  That story rocks and so does Joe.

That's it.  I have to get some sleep, I have a long hot day tomorrow.  If I don't burst into flames I will give you the low down on how it went.

Til next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment