Friday, April 9, 2010

More Randomness

It is only 10 days until the marathon and I must admit I am a little bit worried.  No, strike that, I am A LOT worried.  The cosmos seem to be conspiring against me when it comes to my training.  Due to a variety of reasons I haven't been able (or willing, if we are being honest) to get out and get some miles in.  I have been sick for the better part of the last two weeks and the last time I ran I think that I may have done some damage to my left knee.  I don't think there is anything that will keep me out of the race but I am afraid that I may not be able to reach my goal of finishing in under 5 hours.  I guess we will see in a week and a half.

***

On Wednesday my lovely wife, Kristen, and I (along with our cousins Scottie and Jeanette) were lucky enough to spend the evening (without kids!) at the annual NF Inc. Northeast Table for Ten benefit dinner in Boston.  We ate at the Caliterra Restaurant with some awesome people that have been affected in some way shape or form by NF.  The company, as well as the food, were great and I want to thank Karen Peluso for inviting us again.

***

Have you donated yet?  NO?  You really should.  It will make you feel good and besides, all the cool kids are doing it.  Also, while I offer no guarantees, I am pretty sure that if you donate at least $25 you will be granted the power of flight (results may vary).  I am still about $700 short of my fundraising goal of $2,000 and I badly want to meet this goal so please, if you haven't already, donate.  It will mean the world to me and let's face it, how cool would it be to be able to fly? (again, your results may vary)

***

My FIL is doing much better (knock on wood) and he continues to make progress every day.  Thanks to everyone who sent out their prayers and good thoughts.  It seems to be working.  He wont be able to spray me with seltzer water (he says that champagne is too expensive) after the marathon this year but with any luck at all he will be dowsing me next year and I am already looking forward to that.

I hope to post more often but no one told me that I would have to come up with all of this crap on my own. 

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment